BDS This Week — August 19- August 25, 2018
On the Lookout: Activities Happening This Week — May 20- May 26, 2018
May 21, 2018 at 7:50 am
Listed below is a list of some of the key activities, events, discussions, screenings, and panels happening this week related to Israel and the delegitimization movement against it.
- Monday, August 20, Leeds, UK — Palestine Solidarity Committee, Leeds PSC Monthly meeting — PSC Leeds will be holding their monthly meeting for its members to discuss the organization’s upcoming activities.
- Tuesday, August 21, New Jersey, USA — U.S. Peace Council, Israel’s New “Apartheid” Law with Aida Touma-Sliman — MK Aida Touma-Sliman, Arab Member of Israeli Knesset discuss Israel’s new Nation State Law.
- Tuesday, August 21, London, UK — Jewish Voice for Labour, Corbyn, antisemitism and justice for Palestine — A discussion on recent events and anti-Semitism within the Labour party.
- Thursday, August 23, Columbia, SC, USA — Students for Justice in Palestine at University of South Carolina, SJP at Carolina Welcome — Students for Justice in Palestine will be at Carolina Welcome to try and influence and recruit new members.
- Thursday, August 23, Paris, France — ‘Union Juive Française pour la Paix UJFP et l’AFPS – Association France Palestine Solidarité et Attac France ,
Projection-Débat en présence du Dr. Samah Jabr — “Behind The Fronts” offers a journey in people’s minds and on the roads of Palestine, in the company of psychiatrist psychotherapist and Palestinian writer Dr. Samah Jabr.
- Friday, August 24, San Francisco, CA, USA — If Not Now Bay Area, Shabbat in the City — IfNotNow Bay Area will be hosting a Shabbat in the City at Tessa’s place in San Francisco.
- Friday, August 24, Chicago, IL, USA — US Palestinian Community Network, Chicago to Palestine Delegation: Report From the Frontlines —U.S. Palestinian Community Network (USPCN) in Chicago will be sharing their reports from their Palestinian & Arab delegation to Palestine this summer.
- Friday, August 24, Grenoble, France — Campagne BDS France – Boycott Désinvestissement Sanctions contre Israël, Israël, l’argument sécuritaire en question — With the participation of Shir Hever, Israeli economist of the AIC (Alternative Information Center) “Deconstruct” the Israeli and French security arguments that justify the policies behind them.
- Sweden’s PGS, PABI and others are calling on the European Broadcasting Union, participating countries and the public to boycott the Eurovision Song Contest in Israel in 2019.
- The American organization IfNotNow is calling on participants on the free visit-to-Israel program for Jews, “Taglit”, to boycott the trips until their demands to see and discuss “the occupation” are met.
- BDS organizations are calling for the banning of military equipment sales with Israel.
- JVP is running its “Deadly Exchange” campaign against the training of US law enforcement officials in Israel.
- BDS South Africa is calling upon the SA government to downgrade Israel’s diplomatic standing with the country.
- Pro-BDS organizations are calling for the cancellation of an upcoming football match between Israel and Ireland.